ABOUT OUR JEWELLERY
Our jewellery pieces are manufactured from solid brass and sterling silver. Jewellery pieces are not plated.
All earring posts are sterling silver. Brass earrings come with stainless steel butterflies and silver earrings with silver butterflies!
Brass and silver pieces typically becomes shinier the more it's worn. Want to keep your pieces looking fresh – wear it as often as possible!
Brass is an alloy of zinc and copper so it is very unlikely that is will cause nickel allergies.
Brass jewellery might turn skin slightly green, especially when it comes into contact with moisture. It typically happens with rings, as rings sit closely to the skin. It is not painful or harmful to skin and green markings will disappear within a few hours of removing jewellery.
HOW TO CARE FOR JEWELLERY PIECES
* Remove jewellery pieces before showering, swimming, sleeping, or doing any physical activity that might cause jewellery pieces to receive physical damage.
* Keep jewellery with gemstones away from direct sunlight, jewellery cleaner and other chemicals such as hair products, cosmetics and perfumes.
* It is suggested that pieces be stored seperately, preventing scratches from other pieces, and tangles in chains. Keeping chains clasped will also prevent tangles.* Jewellery can even be stored in small plastic bags, to prevent exposure to oxygen. This will prevent pieces from tarnishing and discolouring. Velvet or cotton drawstring or zip bags can also be used to store pieces in!
* Keep all jewellery away from water, detergents and chemicals - take the time to remove rings when washing your hands, etc.
HOW TO CLEAN JEWELLERY PIECES:
* Brass jewellery can be polished with Brasso and Silvo can be used on silver jewellery! Always use a soft cloth to apply the cleaning liquid and rub it clean. Polishing cloths can also be used to polish pieces.
* Jewellery cleaner can be used to clean our sterling silver chains’
* If jewellery pieces with gemstones need cleaning, it can be dipped in warm water with a few drops of mild detergant. A soft toothbrush can be used to scrub it lightly. The piece should be dried with a soft cloth immediately.
DETERMINING YOUR RING SIZE:
When determining your ring size, make sure to measure the finger on which you intend to wear your ring.
There are a few ways to get your size - we highly suggest visiting a jewellery store so that they can assist you in determining your size.
You can measure the circumference of your finger by taking a strip of paper, wrapping it around your finger, and measuring the length where the strip meet. The paper shouldn't be too loose or too tight - it should still be able to make comfortably like a ring! Also make sure to measure it as close the the mm as possible.
You can also measure the inside diameter of one of your rings. Place a ruler across the ring and get the exact measurement from where the ring starts and ends on the inside!
When ordering a ring please supply us with your size or one of the measurements!
DETERMINING YOUR NECKLACE LENGTH:
We have 4 different necklace lengths available - 40cm, 45cm, 50cm and 55cm! When placing your order, please leave a comment with your chosen length.
Don't know which length to choose? Measure an exisiting necklace that you like the length of. Alternatively take a string, measure out the different chain lengths and put the string around your neck to determine where the pendant will end up hanging.
Also see below:
40cm - wraps loosely around the neck
45cm - sits on the collarbone
50cm - sits just below the collarbone
55cm - lays at or above the top of the bust
LEAD TIME OF JEWELLERY:
All of our jewellery pieces are made by hand. We try to keep stock of most of our pieces, but rings which are custom made to your size can take a little bit longer to complete. Please allow a lead time of 2-4 days for manufacturing and 2-3 days for delivery!
A delivery fee of R55 applies to deliveries made in Pretoria and Centurion. R75 delivery fee applies to the rest of South Africa!
Please get in touch for urgent or next day deliveries.